   RE: [xml-dev] Meta-somethingorother (was the semantic webmega-permathrea

Hi Joshua,

> Of course; you get lots of cool features.  I thought you were asking how
> WinFS actually obtains the metadata.

Tsssit Joshua do not make these kind of assumptions. By the way do you know
how to spell assume? (an old joke I know).

> As far as accessing and using the metadata; you get a number of ways.
> It's all stored and indexed in the same place, and the list of
> properties, etc. is all available.  You can execute queries over the
> data using built-in search UI, using a query language from the APIs, or
> data binding to the storage in Windows UI.  You can grab items and
> traverse properties programmatically, etc.  So, yes, you can do a lot
> with it once it is exposed through WinFS rather than stuck in each file.

Sounds better now, thanks for the answer Joshua. Is RDF one of the format
supported as output or can I define any kind of XML ala Xquery or XSQL (and
therefore get RDF if I whish). This could get a lot of impact when
developing a synchronization application or using an RDF processor to add
value to the produced meta-data.

Cheers
Didier PH Martin