   RE: [xml-dev] Meta-somethingorother (was the semantic webmega-permathrea

Hi Joshua

> So the "data" that you get from an HTTP GET is not really conceptually
> different from the other "metadata about a URL" that we might talk
> about.  If you wrote it in triples, you could conceptualize that:
>
> s: http://www.netcrucible.com/blog
> p: dc:Author
> o: allenjs@hotmail.com
>
> s: http://www.netcrucible.com/blog
> p: ns:representation

from the knowledge modeling point of view: good inference!

So in your RDF blob (the gizmo containing the triples) you would consider
each triple as a representation of that resource. Good idea. It sounds like
an phenomenological approach, a triple being a representation of the
phenomena you obtained through an intention (i.e. an action to get it). So
then you need a filter to make it an RDF triple since it doesn't come
packaged that way. Bill is right then, without a signal processor it doesn't
work. Anyway, conceptually it sounds good, practically I need to get from
you the proper RDF blob and the filter that will transform a simple HTTP GET
into an RDF triple to input it into your RDF blob (or maybe the RDF blob can
directly get it and absorb it).

Anyhow, if we refer to RDF statements as representation I am for it, it's a
good enough term.

Cheers
Didier PH Martin