   RE: [xml-dev] Schema constructs

Title: RE: [xml-dev] Schema constructs

Henry,

Thank you for your suggestion. However, the choice group element allows only one of its children to appear in an instance. I want the tag element to always be present and always followed by one or more of lowscale, hiscale, hialarm, etc. in any order. (Sorry, I'm not sufficiently familiar with the notation that you used to express it that way.) Since there are something like 50 parameters associated with a tag, I do not want the need to modify one or two parameters to require the inclusion of the complete set. The all group (All the elements in the group may appear once or not at all, and they may appear in any order.) appears to be just what I want but it seems that it cannot be nested within a sequence group. My test xml file contains:

  <modify>

    <tag>PT456</tag>

    <lowscale>10.0</lowscale>

  </modify>