   Re: [xml-dev] Meta-somethingorother (was the semantic webmega-permathrea

At 11:17 AM +0100 6/10/04, Bill de hÓra wrote:

>You really don't understand what this thread is about, do you?

Actually, Bill I'm afraid it's you who is
confused. Apologies if I confused you. I did
wonder how in one sentence you'd say I was
totally wrong and in the next sentence you'd say
you agreed with me.

The question at hand is when one is publishing
data should it be published in XML+Namespaces or
in RDF.  You're allowed to use any reasonably
priced tools on top of this you care to. The
availability of high quality, free parsers is a
big reason XML is superior to custom binary
formats, for example. Are there high quality RDF
tools that enable one to do things with RDF data
that can't be as easily done with the high
quality XML tools operating on the XML data? If
so, that's useful information. For me, it's still
an open question.
--

   Elliotte Rusty Harold
   elharo@metalab.unc.edu