   Re: [xml-dev] Another approach to semantic alignment

With all due respect to the work that has been put into UBL (I was
actually one of the original committee members), I believe that the
statement that it has solved the problem that is described in the second
paragraph of the article is an overstatement. In order for this to
occur, every system in the world that represents the type of information
represented by UBL would have to adopt UBL - and this is simply not
going to happen.

Also, the statement that the writer believes that UBL "should be the
standard by which all new XML schemas and messages are built" is - IMHO
- exaggerated. This means that every schema ever developed from here on
would need to adopt the ebXML Core Components data modeling methodology
and ISO/IEC 11179 for their element/attribute naming, which may or may
not be someone's design choice.

Kind Regards,
Joe Chiusano
Booz | Allen | Hamilton
Strategy and Technology Consultants to the World