   Re: [xml-dev] Meta-somethingorother (was the semantic web mega-permathre

Miles Sabin wrote:

> Well, I guess this comes back to who bears the burden of proof.

No, it comes down to having an informed opinion and not arguing from
a position of ignorance. I've already indicated I don't think the
apps Elliotte is looking for exist. He won't find the beef he's
looking for.

> I've read all of those documents and there's nothing there that's new
> since Tarski on the MT front, and the rest is KIF, say, with angle
> brackets.

Funny you say that. I've read the C# specification and there's
nothing new in there since Turing, and the rest is C++, say, with
garbage collection. I don't think either of us should be overly
disappointed however.

> So where's the beef?

Why are you asking me?  I don't buy into Semantic Web hoopla any
more than you do.

cheers
Bill