   Re: [xml-dev] Leading the web...elsewhere?

Michael Champion wrote:
> I think the Web should be led by the "crowd" of people with problems
> looking for solutions and solutions looking for problems, and not by a
> "mob" of people led by Gates, Berners-Lee, or anyone else.   Right now
> the Web doesn't need to be led anywhere.  That's not to say that it's
> just fine as it is, but to suggest that the people in Redmond,
> Cambridge, and elsewhere should be listening for what the real problems
> are, and proposing experimental and tentative solutions, rather than
> universal platforms or standards that they want to lead people towards.

Quoting from your own quote: "what distinguishes a crowd or a group from
a mob is that mobs are sort of single-minded, (...) they're all moving
in the same direction."

I'm having a hard time picturing the W3C as a single-minded place where
everyone's moving in the same direction, honestly ;)

--
Robin Berjon