   RE: [xml-dev] Meta-somethingorother (was the semantic web mega-permathre

A requirements document doesn't mean anything. Show me how the spec
achieves this. Show me how if I have a data model where a person is
identified by [SocialSecurityNumber, FullName] and you have a data model
where a person is a pair of [FirstName, LastName, DateOfBirth] we can
interoperate.

As for wisdom of using requirements documents as argumentation points,
I'd love to see someone use http://www.w3.org/TR/NOTE-xml-schema-req as
a way to argue about how various things are possible in W3C XML Schema
simply because they are in the requirements doc.

> If you read the WebOnt use cases and requirements document,
> that is explicitly not the case -- so perhaps what you say is
> true for "Semantic Web proponents" who haven't been involved
> with the actual development of semantic web standards.

See above for the pointlessness of trying to argue with "We have use
cases and requirements that say this should be possible".

--
PITHY WORDS OF WISDOM
If two wrongs don't make a right, try three.

rights.