   Re: [xml-dev] RE: specs in RDF/OWL, was: Re: [xml-dev] Meta-somethingoro

Paul Sumner Downey wrote:

>>The "OWL for OWL" (as it has been called) does, however, give
>>a flavor of what OWL is and how OWL relates to RDF.
>>

>cool stuff and that certainly is eating your own bird-food.
>(BTW why isn't it WOL as in A.A.Milne?)

It is: "Web Ontology Language"

>is there any work (or is it feasible) to generating test cases
>from an OWL version of a spec ?

Not that I'm aware of, sounds a mighty good idea.

I am planning to explore down a nearby path a little by echoing the Atom
syndication format in OWL (and hopefully the service API in OWL-S) -
mostly done [1] - then trying to build a "Semantic Validator". In other
words, take the OWL model + an off-the-shelf reasoner + test assertions
+ Atom instance data (translated to RDF/XML via XSLT) - stir it all up,
and see if it's consistent.

Cheers,
Danny.

[1] http://semtext.org/atom/