   RE: [xml-dev] Early Draft Review: XQuery for Java (JSR 225)

> I really don't understand how one could possibly want
> anything else as an interface for a domain-specific language.

Unfortunately, your inability to see that there are two sides to this debate
makes it very difficult to have a reasoned and productive discussion on
this: it tends to polarise people in their existing positions rather than to
encourage them to see the merits in your own point of view.

You should try to follow the standard rhetorical procedure: analyze the
opponent's arguments, demonstrate that you have understood them, and then
produce counter-arguments, point by point. Asserting that you don't
understand the opposing position gives you no chance of convincing anyone
that you are right.

Michael Kay