   RE: [xml-dev] Early Draft Review: XQuery for Java (JSR 225)

> > Not in my experience. Having access to a syntax tree can be quite
useful.

> Yes, it can. But the most common use of syntax trees is as a parse
> result. A corollary in this domain would be if one could read a stored
> (or user-entered) query and obtain a syntax tree from it. But I didn't
> get that from the sketched proposal, which seemed to me to be
> output-only. Granted, given that there is no actual proposal, one is
> free to attach all sorts of wonderful things one would like to be in it,
> but it would be good to know what use cases you or others are thinking
> an OOPified API would address.

I think an XQuery query builder would benefit from this object based
approach.

Another tool would be an XQuery processor that distributes parts of queries
to different machines or processes, for retrieval from very different xml
data sources.

But both of these cases might be as happy, or happier, using XQueryX.

-tor