   XML 2004: call for artwork

  • To: xml-dev@lists.xml.org
  • Subject: XML 2004: call for artwork
  • From: "Eve L. Maler" <Eve.Maler@Sun.COM>
  • Date: Mon, 28 Jun 2004 12:39:50 -0400

For the last two years, the XML North America conference series has
offered folks the opportunity to display their artwork.  In 2004, we're
doing it again!

This is an early call for all the "creatives" out there to get started
creating a masterpiece that can be shown in the XML 2004 exhibit area.
We're looking for pretty much any piece of art that both has an XML
theme (be prepared to make your case for the connection...) and is
portable enough for you to bring to the conference site in Washington,
D.C. in mid-November.

Past exhibits have included XSL-FO specification snippets done in
calligraphy; needlework on the subject of the XML Infoset; hierarchical
quilting; handmade paper printed with XML-derived bar codes; and more.
What can you dream up?

If you think you might be interested, or if you have questions, drop me
a line.  Check out the website for more information about the conference
(we will add info here about the artwork display opportunity in the
coming months):

   http://www.xmlconference.org/xmlusa/

Regards,

	Eve
Sun Microsystems                            cell +1 781 354 9441
Web Products, Technologies, and Standards    eve.maler @ sun.com