   Choosing the correct XML API

XML Developers,

It seems there are a dizzying array of XML API's available. After investagating each of these I find myself in a bit of a quandry, and thought those on this list might be able to help.

I would like to work with an XML API that allows me to search an XML document for elements according to the name of the element, attribute of the element, or the value of a child element. Once a matching element was found it would be written to another XML file or converted to a Java object for use by my program. I do not want to have to read the entire document into memory, like you are required to with JDOM. (The idea is to read/parse a large XML document, and only pull out what you need.) Can anyone reccomend an XML API that would meet these needs, or should I be trying to implement this on my own by adding a layer on top of SAX itself? (I program in Java.)

Thanks for any suggestions,

The Sunburned Surveyor

Do you Yahoo!?