   Re: [xml-dev] Choosing the correct XML API

Dare Obasanjo wrote:

>http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/en-us/dnexxml/html/xml05192004.asp

I have recently switched from the 3+(?) year long beta of JDOM (a beta
that changes contracts at the last minute...) to dom4j. It has been a
very happy experience which has increased speed and reduced memory
utilization. After using both, I would definitely choose dom4j. Though a
java person (mainly because of the price...), I have been investigating
MS solutions because (now that people can make money again?) the Open
Source community is seemingly going commercial for some apps. If that is
the case, imo, it could cost more to use java than to buy from MS. I
don't know yet -- we'll see...

best,
-Rob