Lists Home |
Date Index |
- To: "Bjoern Hoehrmann" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Subject: RE: [xml-dev] What is the rule for parsing XML in a namespace inside HTML?
- From: "Joshua Allen" <email@example.com>
- Date: Mon, 12 Jul 2004 19:02:03 -0700
- Cc: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Thread-index: AcRofE1knrXHFJIeSpO34TfwNGepbgAAFyjQ
- Thread-topic: [xml-dev] What is the rule for parsing XML in a namespace inside HTML?
> >I'm really suspicious of calls to rewrite a better, XML-aware
> That's fortunately not neccessary, as "more than 95% of browsers in
> are "XML-based browser",
So-called XHTML support in browsers is a joke. You can use XML, so long
as it looks just like HTML with a few minor variations. Change the
order of namespace declarations, redeclare namespaces, use a creative
prefix, etc. and it blows up.
I really can't believe otherwise intelligent people continue to deceive
themselves with such wishful thinking.
I also don't understand why the religious devotion to XHTML, when it was
only a stopgap idea between HTML and XML+XSLT+CSS support; which we