   Edi complexity, does ebxml really reduce it?

  • To: xml-dev@lists.xml.org
  • Subject: Edi complexity, does ebxml really reduce it?
  • From: bry@itnisk.com
  • Date: Tue, 13 Jul 2004 10:52:28 +0200

 Whenever one examines one of the ebxml specs or reads an article on the subject
 there is likely to be a reference to how edi had problems with being accepted
because it was too complex, but luckily ebxml, being based on xml, solves all
this. A very suspect class of assertion it seems like to me. I'm wondering if
anyone who has familiarity with these technologies can clarify exactly how and
in what ways ebxml reduces the complexity of edi.

Basically my understanding is that ebxml just wrapped the edi model in xml, so I
have a hard time seeing how it could be simpler.

Also am wondering about CPAs in Ebxml, it strikes me that this process could
actually be somewhat onerous, does anyone know of any case studies etc. on
problems with making CPAs between two companies?