   Re: [xml-dev] Xml Calculations

XSLT can be used for this. I think XQuery is often more readable for
this kind of thing.

Look at Use Case "R" for an example of how XQuery can be used for
calculations and correlating data from XML files:

http://www.w3.org/TR/xquery-use-cases/#rdb

You can compare these to their solutions in XSLT as presented in Sal
Mangano's book:

http://www.oreilly.com/catalog/xsltckbk/chapter/ch07.pdf

Jonathan