   Re: [xml-dev] WS-Addressing to W3C: Is the Tide Turning?

Hi Mike,

On Thu, Aug 12, 2004 at 09:49:05AM -0400, Michael Champion wrote:
>   I imagine that such a thing could be done within the URI framework,
> but I would be surprised if it is any simpler or more portable than
> what WS-Addressing proposes.  But if a better solution TO THIS PROBLEM
> can be proposed, I'd like to see it described in detail.

I think the complexity of WS-Addressing is faux complexity, because it
standardizes something that doesn't need standardizing.  A service
provider could encapsulate all that state referencing information into
an http URI in whatever proprietary encoding they saw fit to use, and
any posessor of that URI on planet earth could use it to late-bind to a
representation of that state, without knowledge of that encoding.

Mark.