   Re: [xml-dev] Are people really using Identity constraints specifiedin X

I did a survey of schemas a few years ago, and also came to the
conclusion that this feature is very rarely used.

In my own applications, the reason for this is precisely the one that
Mike Kay identified - identity constraints apply only to a single XML
document, and what I really need to be consistent with is generally
located in some other document or database. For instance, the product
number in a document must match a product number in the set of products
offered in a given database.

Jonathan