   RE: [xml-dev] Handling/Parsing/Validating multiple XML Statements

> The programmer working on the client end is sending me multiple XML
> statements in one group.  The XercesDOMParser I am using does
> not like it.

What do you mean by "XML statements", and what do you mean by "group"?

Do you perhaps mean that there are multiple XML documents in one file?

If this is the case and you can't persuade the sender to change his ways,
you can split the documents using XSLT 2.0. Define wrapper.xml as

<!DOCTYPE doc [
<!ENTITY e SYSTEM "received.xml">
]>
<doc>&e;</doc>

and put wrapper.xml through the stylesheet:

<xsl:template match="doc/*">
<xsl:result-document href="doc{position()}.xml">
  <xsl:copy-of select="."/>
</xsl:result-document>
</xsl:template>

This won't work if the individual XML documents contain a prolog. If that's
the case, you'll need to attack the problem with a text editor or Perl
script.

Michael Kay