   Re: [xml-dev] Slides from "Web Services Security Issues"

On Aug 18, 2004, at 11:03 AM, Bullard, Claude L (Len) wrote:

>  This quote argues the
> opposite position and might suggest that the XML Binary efforts
> are not misguided:

A timely re-opening of this permathread, since I'm writing my XML 2004
paper reviewing what is actually known on this topic :-)

I for one would especially appreciate pointers to actual benchmarks and
code profiling efforts that attempt to identify the bottlenecks in
XML-based applications, e.g. which compares the overhead of actual text
parsing to that of tree building, compression/decompression, network
latency, database queries, whatever.