   RE: [xml-dev] Are people really using Identity constraints specified in

Michael,

Business contracts are best handled with ebXML BPSS and CPA - that reference the
documents, XSD and CAM templates IMHO.

Take your newsfeed example - (BTW date checking is gnarly - especially around
midnight boundary).  So you have a CAM template checking the news_date field to
todays_date (system value).

What if the feed supplier has a system glitch yesterday - and now he's playing
catch-up with yesterdays news items?

Hmmm. A BPSS could help you out of the hole - by providing a context parameter
'news day' and then having a time-to-complete criteria - of say 48 hours, with
a payment penalty for > 24 hours.  Now the transactions come with a news_day
value - and that makes everything smooth - no need to check system_date (with
all the problems that brings of time_zone / time synchronization / hell).

So - lessons learned - schemas are dumb - knowing context is vital - using
context variables gets you a more robust real-world system design - using BPM
tools to manage state is even better.

Cheers, DW.