   A Must Read: Hackers and Painters

http://www.paulgraham.com/hp.html

Many many thanks to Dave Pawson for pointing this out to me just when I
really needed the spiritual lift.

Favorite quote so far:

"If you want to make money at some point, remember this, because this is one
of the reasons startups win. Big companies want to decrease the standard
deviation of design outcomes because they want to avoid disasters. But when
you damp oscillations, you lose the high points as well as the low. This is
not a problem for big companies, because they don't win by making great
products. Big companies win by sucking less than other big companies."

I love it.

len