   Orbeon XForms Engine goes open source

  • To: xml-dev@lists.xml.org
  • Subject: Orbeon XForms Engine goes open source
  • From: Micah Dubinko <micah@dubinko.info>
  • Date: Mon, 30 Aug 2004 19:23:46 -0700

Link: http://www.orbeon.com/company/pr-oss-announcement

The guys at Orbeon developed a high-end commercial implementation of
XForms on the server, one of my Ten Favorites [1]. Now it's open source
under LGPL. It's up now on SourceForge at
http://www.sourceforge.net/projects/orbeon

I liked their reason for the release: "there is a greater opportunity in
building a services and value-added business around an enterprise-grade
open source business integration suite than selling proprietary software
and services"

There is more news along these lines coming soon.

.micah

[1] http://www.xml.com/pub/a/2003/09/10/xforms.html