   Xml validation issue

Hi,
i have an issue about how to build dtd or schema for a piece of a xml
language in a application i'm writing.
The xml piece is:

<Field Name = "Y " Value = "RANGE|LIST|NULL|NOT_NULL"
MinRange = " " MaxRange = " " List = " " />

Requesites are:
1. i want define for the element Field with a "name" a kind of user
validation with attribute "value"
2. if attribute "value" has value as "RANGE" then attributes "MinRange" and
"MaxRange" must exist, if attribute has value as "LIST" then attribute LIST
must exist.

Questions are:
a. Is possible define dtd or schema for my requesites? Anyway is possible
define existence of some attributes about the value of another attribute in
the same element(in XML SCHEMA ord DTD)?
b. If the last question is no, any suggest about redesign my xml in order to
simply check the validation type of an element field?

Thanks in advance,
Mauro