   xml web uses

Greetings --

I run some websites for a university, and I am curious about using XML for
some of my projects. I would like some opinions on the following (I'm
somewhat new to XML, so feel free to correct any errors):

1. Content management - Storing data in XML files using a DTD like Website.
Currently, data is stored in a database, which works fine, but I'm curous
about the advantages of XML storage.

2. XUL - Many of our dynamic sites are maintained by students via an HTML
interface. I've played with XUL, and it seems to have potential for internal
pages like this, although HTML currently serves this purpose well.

3. RSS - One I'm quite certain we'll be using for calendar events and news
headlines.

Please chime in on any of the above topics, or suggest some I haven't
considered that would make a web site easier to maintain and more useful for
users.

Thanks a bunch,

Scott