   RE: [xml-dev] merging xml files

I could accomplish my task following the example on
http://www.xml.com/pub/a/2003/11/26/q-and-a.html
However, the problem I identify is that my xsl is too tied up with the xmls.

I find that Michael's flow is better as it checks for 'not' condition
instead of constructing everything in the xslt.
The problem I am with now is that this step is not very clear on how to
implement the 'not' part that is if it is required to add 'X' from 'B'

??
If we hit an E that doesn't contain an X, we add the X from B:

<xsl:template match="E[not(child::X)]">
 <xsl:copy><xsl:copy-of select="@*"/><xsl:apply-templates/></xsl:copy>
 <xsl:copy-of select="document('B.xml')//X"/>
</xsl:template>
??

Can you explain Michael? - what should I replace 'E' with?

Thanks again.

Pank