From: Gregory Murphy [mailto:Gregory.Murphy@eng.sun.com]
Sent: Friday, September 24, 2004 10:29 AM
To: David Byrden
Cc: xml-dev@lists.xml.org
Subject: Re: [xml-dev] Editing huge files; recommended Java parsers?

On Fri, 24 Sep 2004, David Byrden wrote:

> For editing files of around 200MB without unusual
> power or memory consumption, what is recommended
> for the Java platform?
> The edits are probably local, so the obvious approach
> is to build a memory tree for specific subtrees of the
> document. What parser would help? We'd like to do as
> little custom programming as possible.

You might want to look at the XML Cursor API provided by BEA XMLBeans.
It
allows you to walk through a document, token by token, and as needed
create
DOM-like objects of fragments. You can learn more from the on-line
documenatation:

    http://e-docs.bea.com/workshop/docs81/doc/en/core/index.html

// Gregory Murphy.  Isopaleocopria.