   Re: [xml-dev] Ted Nelson's "XML is Evil"

On Tue, 2004-09-28 at 04:54, Liam Quin wrote:
> On Mon, Sep 27, 2004 at 09:08:07PM -0500, Sergio J. Rodriguez M. wrote:
> > Just a thought of the past ...
> >
> > http://ted.hyperland.com/XMLisEvil.html
> >
> > Is this all true?
>
> If you refer to the linked article,
>     http://www.xml.com/pub/a/w3j/s3.nelson.html
>
> then I'd say "no" :-)

I'd say that it's not false either.

I think that the issues he is raising are real ones but that either
they're not as important as he thought or we've learn to get used to
them and workaround them.

The three layer model he's proposing doesn't seem very different from
Durusau's Just In Time Trees combined with a style sheet language and I
wouldn't call it a bad idea.

Eric

--
Have you ever thought about unit testing XSLT templates?
                                                     http://xsltunit.org