   Re: [xml-dev] Ted Nelson's "XML is Evil"

Hunsberger, Peter wrote:

> Archive isn't an isolated capability.  Archive implies capability for
> usage.  Usage implies a mix of concerns. Does placing a inscribed stone
> tablet in a air tight iron box meet the requirements of archive if no
> one knows how to interpret the inscriptions on the stone tablet at any
> point in time?

Well, it worked great for the Rosetta Stone. Give people a bunch of
labels, and they can often figure it out - even in languages they don't
know, given enough time.

I think the topic at hand is inline markup. How could omitting the
markup make it easier to understand the meaning and structure of the
contents of a file?

Jonathan