   Re: [xml-dev] xsl question

At 2004-09-28 13:17 -0300, Esteban Pizzini wrote:
>I'm trying to write a xsl script that counts all times an attribute
>contains some text

XSLT and XPath questions would be better posted to the following list:

There are a number of subscribers who would enthusiastically respond to
such questions.

There is also an *excellent* FAQ at:

   http://www.dpawson.co.uk

>I use contain() and count(), but is it possible to count elements that
>contains some value??

Yes, by addressing those elements that are matched by the comparison you
have, and then counting that set.

>I try somethins like this:
><xsl:if
>test="count(contains(document($ARCH_LNK_JJ)/Doc/Laes/JudDoc/Ref/@idproducto,$producto))
>&gt; 0">
>
>but I get an error... because contains returns a boolean value..

Yes, you do have to pass the count function a node set.

Try:

   test="count(document($ARCH_LNK_JJ)/Doc/Laes/JudDoc/Ref/@idproducto
                       [contains(.,$producto)]
              )"

The above will address all those attributes whose value contains the given
variable string, resulting in a node set, which is then counted, and the
value of the count is non-negative, so a non-zero result is a result
greater than zero.

I hope this helps.

--
Upcoming publicly-subscribed XSL delivery: Helsinki Oct 18-20,2004
Crane Softwrights Ltd.          http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/x/