Lists Home |
Date Index |
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: Namespace names and fragment identifiers
- From: Ronald Bourret <email@example.com>
- Date: Tue, 05 Oct 2004 00:04:12 -0700
- User-agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.4) Gecko/20030624 Netscape/7.1 (ax)
I haven't had time to read or post for quite a while, but I just got a
namespaces question (sorry) in my inbox and wanted to verify that my
answer is correct. In particular:
Are fragment identifiers significant in namespace names? That is, do
http://www.foo.org/bar and http://www.foo.org/bar# identify different
I believe they do, since:
1) Namespace names are URI (IRI) references.
2) URI (IRI) references allow fragment identifiers.
3) Namespace names are identical only if they match character for character.