   Re: [xml-dev] open source integration tool

Hi Uejio,

60 days ago Orbeon announced the Open Integration Suite (OIS) on this
mailing list. If you are interested, I'll be happy to put you in touch
with as many OIS users as you need.

Here are the highlights:

1- What is OIS?
The Open Integration Suite (OIS) open source project offers a modular,
enterprise-ready, ESB-based business integration software suite that
provides a viable option to commercial integration and ESB products.
Some components of OIS have been donated by Orbeon, some are being
developed by the OIS community (monitored by Orbeon), while others are
being sourced from complimentary open source projects.

Similar to the JBoss J2EE application server, the OIS project uses the
commercial and community friendly LGPL open source license.

OIS consists of the following five modules:
1. Orbeon Presentation Server (formerly OXF Server) is a J2EE-based MVC
framework for building XML-based Web applications that present and
capture XML using XForms, XSLT, and Web Services.
2. Orbeon XML Server is a standalone XML processing engine providing
optimized XML query and transformation services with languages such as
XSLT and XQuery.
3. BPEL Server is a web services orchestration engine for long-running
processes using Web Services and BPEL. (early to mid 2005)
4. ESB is an Enterprise Service Bus for routing information between
loosely coupled services. The upcoming JSR-208 standard will figure
prominently in OIS and its use of an ESB.
5. Orbeon Studio is an eclipse-based IDE for developing integration
solutions. More info on Studio can be found at:
http://www.orbeon.com/software/studio
For more information on OIS, go to:
http://www.orbeon.com/software/

2- Where can I get OIS?
OIS is available on SourceForge.net. You can download OIS and its
components/tools at:
http://sourceforge.net/projects/orbeon/

3- Who's Orbeon?

Orbeon is a systems integrator focused on helping clients gain advantage
through custom business integration solutions. We favor open source
products over commercial products, and employ agile methodologies that
put each of our clients in control.

Orbeon is a for-profit company that has shifted its business model from
a product model to a services model, through which profit is made by
delivering best-in-class integration services for less than the
traditional integrators. We truly believe that there is greater
opportunity in building a services and value-added business around an
enterprise-grade open source business integration suite than selling
proprietary software and services.

For more information on Orbeon, go to: http://www.orbeon.com

Best,

-Omar