   Re: [xml-dev] Element declaring

An enumeration in most languages lists all possible values. I think you
are saying that most of the time, you can enumerate the possible values,
but sometimes you can't. In that case, I suggest you add 'other' to your
enumeration, and create a complex type that has some place to put the
actual value when the enumeration is set to 'other'.

Hope this helps,

Jonathan