   Re: [xml-dev] Which Will Be Released First, the W3C's XQuery Spec or Lon

On Thu, Oct 14, 2004 at 03:46:31PM -0500, Bullard, Claude L (Len) wrote:
> The right answer might be to create the conformance tests and
> enable someone else to do the testing.   That's what we're doing
> for X3D.  The caveat might be that some applications need thorough
> conformance testing, some only need some testing, some need none.

That's what we do too, except that we don't brand products based on
their success at handling the tests.  The conformance tests are really
to test the specification -- can it be implemented interoperably? --
rather than to test products.

Liam

http://www.holoweb.net/~liam/