   Re: [xml-dev] RE: [x3d-public] RE: [xml-dev] Which Will Be ReleasedFirst

Len,

Fabulous rant from the inner sanctum.

We're just misunderstood, abused and undervalued and paid!

After all its much easier to put a team of 30 engineers in a sealed room
for two months,
get them to build it, file all the IPR, then submit it to your favourite
pet non-profit
organization as a draft standards specification.  Sometimes you can even
own the
non-profit too!   This ensures everything is less messy and maintains a
veneer of
due process and openness that customers find comforting, and its mostly the
same engineers as are in those "other" organizations anyway, so what is the
difference?

Cheers, DW