   XML, XQueries, and Databases: Semantics...

I was actually very surprised that so many of the questions involved
semantics as used for data integration, not only here, but also in
private email and on another list.

Has anybody done a good job of writing up the problem space and or usage
scenarios for the kind of thing that David refers to below? Are there
some experts you can recommend who would know about that end of it?

I know lots of people who want to offer solutions to these problems, but
I frankly haven't seen a very good description of what these problems
are and how you would know when you have solved them.

References would also be helpful ;->

Jonathan