len

From: Jonathan Robie [mailto:jonathan.robie@datadirect.com]

There's another permathread philosophical question again: should we just
let individual companies create things, watch them take hold in the
marketplace, and then standardize them? The standard W3C answer is that
we don't want the big players to dictate terms to everyone else, and
that for many crucial technologies, we should work together to create
solutions.