   RE: [xml-dev] Why *is* XQuery taking so long?

They are sure interesting and real (I worked on transaction issues for
most of my thesis), but there are many aspects that are not needed to
finish the DML standardization effort.

One difference between the SQL and XQuery standardization effort is that
XQuery leaves many of the environmental components (such as APIs, DDL,
Isolation levels) out because we assume that the language may be used in
many different contexts. I hope that we continue to follow that
philosophy.

Best regards
Michael