   RE: [xml-dev] Which Will Be Released First, the W3C's XQuery Spec or Lon

> [Michael Rys] Actually, I think that the amount of comments
> was not only our fault. And I still believe that having a
> standard proposal reviewed in depth and fix problems (or
> cut/postpone) features is better than having 100 errata
> shortly after shipping the standard.

I certainly didn't mean to suggest that Microsoft were uniquely to blame for
the problem, or that many of the comments weren't significant. (I mentioned
Microsoft only because the OP seemed to be under the illusion that other
vendors were causing the delays and that Microsoft uniquely were anxious to
finish.)

Although it's important to get the quality right, the delays would have been
less if all WG members could have refrained from re-opening questions that
had already been resolved after lengthy discussion.

Michael Kay