len

From: DuCharme, Bob (LNG-CHO) [mailto:bob.ducharme@lexisnexis.com]

Len Bullard wrote:
>So you want to go from this
><myElement oncontextmenu="doPopup(); return false;">Something</myelement>
> (snip)
> (some CSS)
>

><popup class="mylinktype" >
>  <item>MyItem</item>
>  <item>MyItem</item>
></popup>
>or something similar?

I wouldn't even want to store it as a "popup" element. Pop-ups are device
specific; many devices can't do it. Here's a more semantic example inspired
by RFCs. Imagine that internally the IETF stores this:

  <obsoletes>
   <rfc num="1111"/> <!-- or however they choose to reference another RFC
-->
   <rfc num="2222"/>
   <rfc num="3333"/>
  </obsoletes>

Then, they convert it to something like what you showed originally with one
stylesheet for web delivery, a sidebar with background shading for print
delivery with another stylesheet, etc.