len

From: Ronald Bourret [mailto:rpbourret@rpbourret.com]

Yes. I've seen it in at least one other organization as well. My point
is that it hasn't crossed schema boundaries and become universal in the
way people thought it might. (There might very well be a good reason for
this. For example, given the potential complexity of addresses, somebody
designing for a local market might be making a very good design decision
to ignore all that complexity and simply encode the address schema that
fits their locale.)