   RE: [xml-dev] Partyin' like it's 1999

It's hard to say from here, Joe.  You probably know more
about that than I do.  The reason I am coming to DC is
to look around at work being done in that space and try
to assess how much of it and which bits we (IPS) should
be involved in.  GJXDM is obvious and we have a fellow
following that.

I have to believe that our experience from days of yore
still applies and that lessons learned since about keeping
this simple and affordable yet highly reliable (given
the apps we build) are top priorities.  Last week, a
fellow came to my office who had recently discovered
the Draconian Parse rule and was whining about that
as if all of our apps would suddenly fall down.  That
tells me that the levels of complex issues that come
from building modular applications based on namespaces
with their bag of 'must understand the way it works'
features may still be beyond the depth of too many of
the customers.   It is all too easy for those attending
F2Fs and daily grinding the lists to believe this stuff
is all a done deal, when really, particularly given the
SHARE concepts, we are just getting started.

So yes, likely they are.  But again, wishing and having
are very different things.  At least like most here,
I am hopefully some number of years smarter than when
I worked the CALS projects.

len

From: Chiusano Joseph [mailto:chiusano_joseph@bah.com]

Would you say that there are multiple communities within the US federal
government that *are* very interested?