   RE: [xml-dev] Imprimaturs - W3C and ISO

Ken Holman wrote:

>Isn't there value in the ISO imprimatur for ISO/IEC 19757-2 RELAX-NG and
>ISO/IEC 19757-3 Schematron?

>Do vendors feel these standards are not worthy?

I don't think it's about the worthiness, because obviously the ISO has
issued some very important standards; I think that people assume that XSD is
The XML Schema Standard because it came from the same place as XML itself
(not to mention HTML, XSLT, etc.): the W3C.

I've tried to point out to any schema tool vendors I've talked to that RNG
support would be a good thing, and an easy thing, because James has written
out a parsing algorithm in plain English [1]. At XML 2004 in D.C., I think
that we should all go from booth to booth at the exhibition saying "What
about RELAX NG support?" If they hear it from enough people, the vendors
will pay attention.

Bob DuCharme   www.snee.com/bob       <bob@
snee.com> weblog on linking-related topics:
http://www.oreillynet.com/pub/au/1191

[1] http://www.thaiopensource.com/relaxng/derivative.html