   R: [xml-dev] Number of active public XML schemas

picture.)

	>Which raises an interesting question: Should there be a non-XML
syntax
	>for XSDs like there is for RELAX NG? It's always been an article of

	>faith for me that schemas should be written in XML, if for no other

	>reason than not having to write another parser. But one does have
	>wonder...

I think there are some valid reasons for writing schemas in XML:
seamlessness, elegance and power. Adopting a "self-describing" language
syntax avoids the users from learning a new one and allows to leverage many
existing applications derived from the original spec (in this case, XML
spec); I mean, for example, the chance to dynamically generate brand new
schemas through XSL transformations.

Stefano