   Re: [xml-dev] dynamically generated XML Schema?! R: [xml-dev] Number of

  • To: xml-dev@lists.xml.org
  • Subject: Re: [xml-dev] dynamically generated XML Schema?! R: [xml-dev] Number of active public XML schemas
  • From: Chizzolini Stefano <chist@csb.it>
  • Date: Wed, 3 Nov 2004 15:27:30 +0100

You are reasoning on a static-scenario base! Instead, I imagine (for
example) the downstream work an agent could do depending on *that*
dynamically-generated schema: it could create dynamic database schemas or
even dynamically-conforming documents (but that's likely to be more suitable
for a semantically-rich scenario as the semantic web).
Anyway, I'm fascinated by the theoretical approach about language
generation: I wouldn't throw away *just* the mathematical possibility to
escalate an initial vocabulary through a pattern. Don't you care about it?
;)

>Now one can dwell in discussion of hypothetical families of schemas, but
>for all my experience tells me about modelling, if you manage to
>understand what the common things are that make a bunch of schemas a
>family, then you can anticipate the extensibility you need, which
>removes completely the need for dynamic generation.
>
>What is a use case for dynamically generated schemas?
>Why does one need to use XSL for it ?

(See above)

>Why couldn't one use non-XML syntax for it?

Simply because of its lack of transformability.

Regards,
Stefano