   Re: [xml-dev] dynamically generated XML Schema?! Re: [xml-dev] R: [xml-d

On Wed, 3 Nov 2004 09:28:18 -0500, Chiusano Joseph
<chiusano_joseph@bah.com> wrote:

> I have often thought about the concept of dynamically generated WSDL
> documents, for cases in which more ad-hoc interaction among systems
> needs to occur, perhaps driven by the context of a request.

Yes, precisely.  This comes up over and over on this list: context
matters when data is instance specific!

Show me how the instance data is related to the rest of the universe
and the specific context in which it was generated or used will no
longer matter, but that's another thread...

To put it another way: schema have boundaries that are context
specific.  In order to create Burak's hypothetical schema model that
transcends these boundaries you have to model the entire universe (or
at least some portion of it for which you get no local pay back).

> But I think
> we're a ways off from that in terms of standards and products - if it is
> indeed a useful concept.

I think it's a useful concept.  However, it's only a concept.  It
seems very, very far off from being a standardized product.

--
Peter Hunsberger