   Re: [xml-dev] dynamically generated XML Schema?! Re: [xml-dev] R: [xml-d

On Wed, 3 Nov 2004 10:00:17 -0600, Bullard, Claude L (Len)
<len.bullard@intergraph.com> wrote:

> I won't go quite that far.   I may need to create a schema for
> others to inspect because I don't want to open up an ODBC
> connection for them to my metadata tables.   In that case,
> providing an XML Schema for them to consume or its analog
> (the mammals are relentless reinovators), makes sense.
> I agree that in the environment I work in, modeling in
> XML Schema isn't very useful.

Exactly, that's why I questioned whether an XML schema was ever the
best "model"....  I might have a need for XML schema to travel with
certain instance data, but do I need them otherwise?

--
Peter Hunsberger