   RE: [xml-dev] dynamically generated XML Schema?! Re: [xml-dev] R: [xml-d

  • To: "Burak Emir" <Burak.Emir@epfl.ch>
  • Subject: RE: [xml-dev] dynamically generated XML Schema?! Re: [xml-dev] R: [xml-dev] Number of active public XML schemas
  • From: "Chiusano Joseph" <chiusano_joseph@bah.com>
  • Date: Thu, 4 Nov 2004 06:37:37 -0500
  • Cc: "XML Developers List" <xml-dev@lists.xml.org>

[Please see comment at end]

One example that comes to mind is what I will call "message path
context" - that is, if a message from system A to system B was passed to
system A by system C, then an additional piece of information is
required to be sent to system B. That is, the path would look as
follows:

Without the context discussed here:
A -> B

With the context discussed here:
C -> A -> B

In more abstract terms, if we think of these as people making verbal
requests to each other, perhaps person C has an additional request such
as "and I would like that done within 3 days" (sort of like a
high-priority flag). Of course, the issue here is that system B may or
may not be able to interpret/accommodate such a request. I believe this
gets into Natural Language Processing and perhaps Matchmaking, some of
the things the Semantic Web Services folks are working with now. Whether
this will *ever* be possible is, I believe, still up for much debate.

Kind Regards,
Joseph Chiusano
Booz Allen Hamilton
Strategy and Technology Consultants to the World