   What is XAML? A technique? A language? Both? XML# or XML++?

Hello,

  Adam Kinney (of Team Xamlon) has kicked off a
discussion titled "What is XAML?"

  Adam writes:

  I've seen some talk about this recently and I've had
it made it clear to me by Chris Sells (Microsoft) and
Chris Anderson (Microsoft).  This definition is
actually straight from ChrisAn's mouth:

   XAML is a declarative markup language that defines
an object model

 It's not Avalon.  It doesn't have doesn't have
controls, shapes, animation or transforms.  The XAML
is parsed and turned into an object tree in memory and
from there its up to the engine to instantiate objects
and whatever else is requested by the instructions.

  Source:
http://www.adamkinney.com/message.aspx?ID=322

  Don Demsak comments:

  Yep, it is just a declarative way to join .Net
objects together. No more, no less.

  Think Domain Specific Language done in XML.

   What's your take? Is XAML just a technique to wire
up .NET objects? Is XAML a language like lets say HTML
or SVG? Is XAML both - a technique and a language? Is
XAML as sort of XML# or XML++? Is XAML for .NET only?
Let us know what you think?

   - Gerald

Gerald Bauer
Rich Client Conference (RichCon) 2005 -